Sunday, July 27, 2008

California 2008
















































We have recently returned from our extended stay in California this year.  So much has happened and gone on I hope that I can remember even half of it to write down.  We started at the Disneyland Resort with our children and our annual passes in hand.  It was wonderful staying on the grounds because a short walk or monorail ride away was the entrance to the park.  Our kids are in heaven at Disneyland and I am not going to lie when I say that I am too.  I have always loved Disney and no joke could go there on a daily basis.  Ryan on the other hand was such a good sport to take us so many times!  He was great!  Because of Navies birthday she got pins and balloons and autographed photos from all the Princesses they were so good to us and gave Blake and Jag some as well so they didn't feel left out.  The parades were awesome and Navie caught on that all the Princesses must be real because you can see their faces however the costumed characters were fake because you could not see them.  Like I said a little too smart for her own good!  When we finally made it to Newport we settled into what feels like our summer dwellings.  Our kids know the place so well that it is like having a second home.  So many friends and family met us there and stayed there as well we had a great time.  Besides shopping and some more shopping we also went to see Jimmy Kimmell live and Brad Day went with us, needless to say we had the most amazing experience ever.  I have never laughed so hard EVER thanks so much to Brad Day!  I hope you enjoy the khakis Brad!  We ate out a lot and saw movies swam and played on the beach.  After a few weeks there we made our way back to Disneyland once again.  We went back to the resort and took the children all around the parks once again.    It took a lot of coaxing but we finally convinced the girls that they needed to ride Big Thunder Mountain.  After all that is my favorite ride in the whole park. After they tried it once it was nearly impossible to get them to get off and let us go to something new.  We had another visitor with us for this trip Scott.  No last name needed we all know him!  We love him and he made us laugh all the time.  I really lucked out though because at the resort the day that we checked in was the "Show Stoppers" Dance Championship!  I was in heaven and so was Navie we went down there everyday and spent hours watching the championship.  There was so much talent there and I could not believe how great the dancers were even the very young ones!  Boy times have changed and I wonder how good kids have to be to have a chance to make it in dance.  What a lucky thing we stumbled across Navie wanted to do nothing else but "Go watch the dancing!"  We had such a super time and I can't wait to vacation again next year.  We are so blessed and lucky that we have the chance to do this I am grateful that Ryan works so hard for us and makes all this possible.  Memories are the best thing that anyone can have in life!  We now have so many and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  What a treasure they are!  There are going to be a lot of pictures I apologize but they are priceless to me!

7 comments:

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

What a fun summer... I LOVE summer vacations... I am sure the memories you guys had will last a lifetime.
I LOVE disneyland seriously the funnest happiest place EVER...

TD said...

You got to go to my favorite place. I could do Disneyland (World) everyday. Paige made a wish book is class this year. She wished that her dad would make more money, and that I could go to Disneyworld. The kids know what is important.
Love all the pictures. Way cute.

JJ said...

Wow! It looks like you had a great time. I sure wish we could have come with you. My kids would love to go to Disneyland more often. I think we're going to try and make a trip down there next summer if we can manage it (that's me talking...no discussion has been had).

Thanks for all the great pictures!

hornes said...

I love my Burkinshaw's! Not too many pic's! I loved every one! You guys are a good lookin' family! I thought we were never going to get you back from Newport! I'm glad your home. Mindy

Lacey said...

Wow, what a fun vacation for you guys! I'm so glad you get to do that. I love Newport, spent many a days there when I was a young one. Miss you girl!

The Farnsworth Family said...

What a fun vacation! Honestly I can only imagine the amazing memories and family bonding that takes place during those weeks of just being together! So glad you guys get to do this. The pics say it all :)

&D designs said...

Hey your kids are so cute - hey you probably saw our studio there! They were competing at showstoppers!! You should have your girls come watch them perform locally some time - I'll let you know!! Keep me on your list of bloggers - andi