Thursday, August 7, 2008

The First Day...










Navies first day of ALL day Kindergarten was yesterday.  It has been a little traumatic leading up to it but this morning she seemed happy and excited.  When the class lists were posted she found out that she was not in Lauren (her cousins) class and came home and shut herself in her room and cried.  I knew that would be the response and after some deep negotiations with Aimee and Ryan we went to the office and got Lauren switched to Navies class.  On meet the teacher night Navie was thrilled.  Her teacher is wonderful!  She has turtles and animals throughout the room and a reading corner with trees and cushions.  They made their first project that night and got to hang them outside in the hallway plus they received a little welcome gift.  Her teacher was so understanding about the situation and said whatever made Navie feel more comfortable we needed to do.  Their are so many firsts that Navie is experiencing.  First time going to school all day and first time riding the bus first time eating lunch, needless to say a lot of new things.  We laid in bed together Wednesday morning and just talked about what all she was going to do and how fun this would be for her.  She came home on the bus  (45 minutes late due to a mechanical breakdown) and was telling me all about the certificates that she won and that she got a sticker on her calendar she showed me her art project and could not stop talking about how much she loved it.  I asked her if there was anything she didn't like and she said "Mom, it was too long!"  Overall I think that has been a great start to the beginning of a long journey.  I love you Navie and am so proud that you got the courage to go to school and that you are enjoying yourself!

6 comments:

JJ said...

Congratulations Navie! I can't believe you are old enough to ride the bus and eat lunch and be in school all day long. You've grown up to fast. Have a great school year!

Caryn said...

I still cannot believe she rides the bus! She is so grown up!!!

Lacey said...

That is so awesome Navie and congrats to you mom for getting through that. I'm terrified for those days.

vk said...

tell the girls their package is in the mail. When you went to Kindergarten they had to pry you off of my leg. My how the time has flown.

Love,
Mom

Sadie Lou said...

oh my goodness you have already started school? summer went by so fast! and i love navys backpack...adorable!! :)

Rachelle Urness said...

HI it is Rachelle Urness aka (Woods) Cute pictures of the first day of school! I go to your blog through Ammon and Brooke! I couldn't help but notice Aimee's kids! Oh my gosh they have gotten so big! All of your kids are so cute! How fun to get to go to school with cousins! Does Aimee have a blog. Our blog is private but if you send me your email, I will invite you to it! My email is elle007@cox.net! Cute kids!