Thursday, August 7, 2008

Random thoughts

Some things are weird to explain but I guess I will try anyway.  This pregnancy has kind of thrown me overboard!  I am incredibly impatient and I feel for my children because they receive the blunt of it.  After a long day sometimes all I look forward to is bedtime.  This evening I had had it, the kids were NOT going to sleep and I wanted some alone time and couldn't get it.  However when things look down it seems as though God always has a way of telling me that it will be alright and to look up.  Silly to admit but it started raining and all I could do was walk outside and sit and watch it rain.  I love everything about it from the smell, sound, feel and look it reminds me of my childhood in KC when you have no responsibilities or stresses!  It calmed my spirit and seemed to embrace me to tell me to keep going.  I am thankful for so much and all I needed was a reminder of how lucky I am.  Most importantly I am thankful that regardless of how bad my persona is my Heavenly Father does  not forget me and loves me.


It was an odd night of old emotions.  My favorite show "So You Think You Can Dance" had it's season finale.  I love to watch dance and I miss it badly.  It has been so long since I have had the opportunity to dance and who knows what my body could do now-a-days anyway.  It brought so much joy to me to be able to watch the show and listen to the music and witness the art that dancing truly is.  Ironically enough my husband got tickets to the finale and had me and some girlfriends booked for a girls trip.  It was me that backed out I just have not felt like traveling lately due to that fact that I feel like I am never home.  It was just as good watching on television though.  Props to Joshua for winning he totally deserved it and I am way excited for him.  Anyway enough rambling what a great evening a sour one turned into!

9 comments:

TD said...

I love the rain too. I remember walking in it at BYU rather than studying. It does really calm the spirit.

Caryn said...

Oh, my kids were NOT letting us watch it either! I was so frustrated!!! I was so happy it came down to Twitch & Josh. Tell Ryan I would have gone! Dang.

Lacey said...

The storms in KC are awesome, I too love them and get excited when storms come in here but they are never the same.

Thanks for writing that, I know this sounds weird but it's always nice to see that I'm not the only one who gets frustrated.

vk said...

You could have called me, what are moms for?

Nic said...

Janae I would have given anything to go to the finale. I love that show. I was for Twitch winning. I am still upset about it. I hope you are feeling better than me. My legs look like I have some kind of swelling disease. xoxox

Jacqui said...

i cannot believe that you didn't tell be about the tickets to the finale AND that i wasn't considered in the girls trip. that was RUDE!

meg said...

Janae,
I've been there and I love those little things that save the day. Bedtime is always the hardest for me because I'm usually ready for the day to end before they go to bed. Thank you for sharing.

I think you love "So you think you can dance" for a similar reason that I love "the amazing race." I have to live vicariously through the travelors since Utah and Idaho are our most exotic vacations.

And how are you already in school?

Sadie Lou said...

oh my goodness what i would give to have been in your place to have tickets to sytycd! i absolutely love that show! i watch it faifully all the seasons every episode and i love it! and i also love the rain and i love it when its cold and its a thunder storm! :)

Leigh said...

Oooh, how I've been there, done that. I feel that way even when I'm NOT preggers, so don't feel bad, we all have our weak moments. We need to go out soon. Miss you tons! My blog is finally up and running, so you'll have to check it out.

xoxo