Monday, August 10, 2009

And so it begins....











School started today and I am so surprised but the girls were so excited that they woke me up at 7am dressed and ready to go!  I thought there would be nerves involved but they were truly ready to go.  I think once they got to school Blakely thought twice about it, but Ryan took her and calmed her down and she bravely strode ahead!  Blakely got Mrs. Johns (Navies old teacher) and Navie got Mrs. Hazen (which we have heard is phenomenal) we were really happy with this years teachers!  I think our children are in for a great school year ahead of them and many lessons learned.  They both came home with stories to tell and excited for tomorrow.  Blakely was a little worn out but hey we aren't used to long days like that.  We love you girls and are so happy that you have chosen to be so excited about education.  We hope those feelings continue through the years!!!

4 comments:

meg said...

That'll be us in two weeks, but I'm betting on tears (from one or two of the little people, and probably from mom too). Was your house quiet? Probably a little too quiet!

Jacqui said...

blake does look like she is second guessing her decision to go to school. pretty funny.

vk said...

I can't believe it!!!! Two in school. It was just yesterday that Jerianne was walking you in, what has happened?

I am thrilled and know what a good experience they are going to have. I'll bet Navie was a nurturer today. Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters, does that sound like a song?

megan allen said...

You are such a good mom! You actually went and took pictures. I was way to lazy. Hopefully my girls don't figure it out:)