Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A family First!


Navie has finally lost her first tooth!  She let it hang for about a week and would barely let anyone touch it at the fear that they would wiggle it out.  I kept telling her that she needed to let her Dad pull it because it was so loose I was afraid that she would swallow it in her sleep.  That resulted in her saying her prayers every night that she would not lose her tooth until she was ready for it to come out.  She woke up on Monday morning and was wrestling with her brother when she noticed that her mouth tasted like "iron" she felt around and it was gone.  There was no bleeding which was very exciting for Navie and she handled it well.  The tooth fairy left her five ones (because it was a first) and she was so excited that she woke up at four a.m. to come in and tell Ryan and I!  Bless her...

8 comments:

JJ said...

First of all, Congratulations to Navie!

Second, maybe next time your very affluent Tooth Fairly could hide her wealth just a little. Taryn was looking at my computer screen when I pulled this up and she's now wondering why she only gets $1 per tooth. Explain that one!

Maybe your tooth fairy could visit our house sometime.

Caryn said...

Congrats Navie!

Braden wants to know if he ever loses a tooth if he can take it to the Tooth Fairy at your house?

TD said...

Wow, what a great tooth fairy! Paige was the same way as Navie, Alex on the other hand has lost two teeth. He just brings them into me and says here Mom. I did not even know that he had loose teeth.

Jacqui said...

The price of a tooth has gone up! This is good news for my husband! My kids are getting a nickle!

KatieZ said...

Long time no chat! It's good to get caught up on your life every now and then. It would be even better if I could actually see you in person! Glad all is well and congrats on baby number 4!

vk said...

Way to go Navie! Look for a little surprise coming in the mail. She can't be this old can she? I remember when Ryan announced her upcoming birth in a prayer over the food!!!!!!!!

Love,
Mom

Sadie Lou said...

good job for her! and i am a little jealous because i remember my first tooth i only got a quarter! my how things have changed!:)

Lacey said...

Wow, when my teeth were falling out I would get a quarter! Times have changed. Cute story!