Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

























This will be a long post with even more pictures so beware!  Christmas was great this year it started on the eve at Brandon & Meghan's house.  Very rarely do we have the opportunity to go to their house so it was a special treat.  However from now on I am petitioning for their residence because they have a full finished basement otherwise known as "a children's haven!"  We banned them to the basement and they had a blast.  So did the adults having some alone time upstairs! Dinner was great and so was the entertainment, we had a talent show, a gift exchange game and some story sharing.  There was a casualty at the talent show when Crew got kicked in the face during a cartwheel by his older sister.  Of course that boy rebounds from anything so it hardly hurt him.  During the gift game everyone got to participate and take home a lot of fun games and toys.  Honestly I think everyone had a great time!  On Christmas we arose way too early for me and the grandparents came over with breakfast in hand to watch the children open their gifts.  Navie got an I-Pod and Blakelys gift was her swim baby while Jag got a bicycle.  The kids were thrilled and opening presents regardless of what they are is always fun for children!  That afternoon we went to Gail and Lennas house and had a chili dinner followed by lots of goodies.  We watched the Suns play then had a cousin gift exchange followed by all of Grandmas gifts.  Our kids were really spoiled this year and hopefully as a mother I am teaching them the real meaning of Christmas and praying that they remember it.  I am thankful for everyone this season especially during the birth of our precious baby Greer.  So many have reached out with love and kindness during this time for us.  I cannot express my gratitude enough and am touched by the true meaning of giving and love.  I love you all dearly and pray that everyone had a wonderful Holiday and that the New Year that follows can be as blessed as the one that passes us by!

A few explanations about some pictures...

Ryan made all the kids a fort in Lennas bedroom for Christmas I think they loved it until it was time to clean up!  Those are the things Ryan loved to do as a kid and enjoys showing all the kids how to do stuff like that.

Tanner got a barbie with a money outfit on for Christmas from us because he refused to tell me what he wanted so I told him he was going to get a doll!  Look how excited he was for that. hmm.......

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Looks like you all had fun and Greer looks so adorable!! And you too of course!

Leigh said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. That baby of yours, I swear, is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. We miss you guys!

meg said...

Wow! What a Christmas! Great pictures.
And...
Your baby is soooo gorgeous! Beautiful babies are plentiful; beautiful infants... not so much. Truly, truly pretty.
And...
Your Christmas card from us was returned. I'll describe it for you. The picture is stunning. I mean, really stunning. It looks like a magazine ad (he he haaaa). My mom thinks she has the right one, so we'll compare.
And...
HAPPY NEW YEARS! I hope you have a great day, because you are going to be one busy lady in '09.

TD said...

Congrats on baby Greer! You are quite the mom.
The pictures are great. It looks like the kids had a great time and you were able to spend alot of time with family. I love family and Christmas.

KatieZ said...

Yea, congrats on your new baby and your perfect little family!
Z

Arizona Arnolds said...

I think Aimee and Rory have a scared look as they are holding Greer!
BTW her baby announcement was adorable.

Anonymous said...

Nice gay sweater brandon!