Friday, December 12, 2008

Greer Mae Burkinshaw














She is finally here!  On Thursday morning we went into the hospital for our induction early in the morning.  I will give you a step by step but you don't have to read if you just want the pictures...  I went in dilated to a 2 and 60% thinned and around 6:30 they started my pitossin.  Around 8 my doctor, Dr. Beck came in and broke my water and said that he was guessing around noon that he would be back to deliver.  Once I got my epidural which was right around 9am (which I might add hurts way more when you are not feeling pain) things moved quickly.  They checked me and said I was only a four and that it would take some time until she was born.  My parents just so happened to come down around 9 to see how things were doing and Jacqui had been with us all morning.  Right around that time Ryan decided to run home to get his charger for his computer and said he would be right back.  Not even 6-7 minutes after Ryan left I turned to Jacqui and said that something felt different.  She quizzed me and decided that the best thing to do would be to check and see what I was feeling.  I had a great epidural and just felt "like something was there" I really had no idea.  After a check from Jacqui she ran over to the intercom and paged the nurse and said we were having a baby!  I think my dad went into instant shock and all that I could think of was that Ryan was going to miss it.  I made my father instantly start calling Ryan and letting it ring time after time.  They called the doctor but they also brought in a nurse to "catch" it because they didn't think I would make it that long.  They had me try to breath and not push and relax so that the Doc could make it!  Sure enough Russ ran in and got his gown on just in time.  By the way still no Ryan!  Dr. Beck looks around and asks if Ryan will be joining us and just then he walks in the door.  He got there in time to come hold my hand and tell me to push twice and she was here!  I tried to tell everyone that things move quickly with me, maybe they will believe me now!  After a short struggle with the delivery of the placenta things were all done!  She was beautiful and I am sure I am bias but I just think she is perfect.  She was 6 pounds 14 ounces and 19.5 inches long born straight up at 10am.  Thank you to all that have shown such friendship and help to us during this time.  I am so grateful for all that the Lord has given me and my family we have been truly blessed beyond all expectations.  All I can pray for is that Greer can grow up to be a wonderful woman just like the one she is named after.  We love you Greer and your whole family is excited to watch you learn and grow.  Thank you for choosing to come to our family and brighten our lives!

21 comments:

Gunnell Family said...

Congratulations!! How exciting a beautiful little girl! We are so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see her in person. Love, The Gunnells

hornes said...

You really are amazing! I can't believe you are up and going! I already love her like your others! Mindy

JJ said...

First of all, she's gorgeous! Just beautiful. My only complaint...how on earth do you not even look puffy? If I didn't love you I would hate you.

Lacey said...

Congrats!!! I'm so glad everything went well and she looks beautiful and you do too!! How is it that you have gorgeous pictures right after delivering? My pictures are horrid!
Love you guys!

meg said...

Wow! Welcome baby Greer! You are GORGEOUS!! What a special time - a newborn - so hard, so wonderful, so short. I have a story very similar to yours.

Courtney said...

Beautiful. Both baby Greer and mommy (sorry, Ryan). I have been waiting for this post...so glad all is well. Congratulations!

Leigh said...

We love you guys!! We're excited she's here. You both are babes (ok, Ryan too). I'm with everyone else - Janae, how do you look so gorgeous every time after having a baby? I'll be bringing your coconut cupcakes by! xoxoxoxo's

Anonymous said...

Dear One,

Greer is absolutely beautiful, just like her Mom!! ( And the doctor isn't bad either:)

Janae, that was a dear thing you did to use Mae for Greer's middle name. I am very touched.

Can't wait to hold her and to give her a kiss from Mamaw! Give the other kids a hug for me. Blake has her "real live" doll to hold now:)

You are amazing. Rest while your Mom and Jacqui are there.

Love,
Mamaw

Jaimie said...

lol oh Mamaw (about Dr. Beck)! I must say that is one cute hat that baby has on...I wonder where I could get one of those :)

Greer is so adorable! Can't wait to see her in January...thats when you are coming to visit me right?!?

Shawni said...

Hey Janae, CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is darling. I want to come snuggle her. Didn't you just tell me you were pregnant? How in the world did that time fly by so darn quick! I'm so excited for you guys and I really do want to come hold her if you don't mind! (and see you of course)

Karole said...

Congratulations!!! She is a DOLL. I'm glad things went ok for you and hope you are doing well!

Green Montana said...

Congratulations Burkinshaw family! Great job Janae- she's perfect. And great job to Ryan as well....I'm sure he was a huge support ( : So exciting...

Sandi said...

She is absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait for my turn!!!! Congrats we can't wait to see her in person.

Beth said...

congrats to your family-what a pretty baby:)

&D designs said...

Congrats Janae!! Love the close call experience. Lucky Ryan came back in time - she is beautiful, so are all your other kids. Happy for you!

Caryn said...

Ok Navie is officially old now! What happened to our babies??? Greer is a beauty and I cannot wait to hold her!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you guys! Another beautiful Burkinshaw girl for my boys to adore :) Glad Ryan made it just in time, and that it was a quick process. Hope you guys are getting a teeny bit of rest with family in town! We can't wait to see little Greer in person.

Emma Jo said...

Baby news is the best kind!! CONGRATULATIONS! and I am so glad that all the required people made it in time! I love her name, what a beauty--but that should be no surprise. We love you guys!!
PS Your Christmas card got returned to me so I think I must have an old address. I may just have to e mail you our card, if you get a chance in all your spare time of being a brand new Mom again e mail me! ejscharman@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah! She's here! Congrats, your pics are precious! Missing you bad in nursery!:) Can't wait to come by and see her!

Maddox Family said...

Congrats!!! Greer is so adorable!!

Shannon said...

Congrats Janae! She is darling, and you look so good! How fun to get a baby just in time for Christmas. Your delivery reminds me so much of my last. My mom came running in a barely made it! But that is just how I like it, short and sweet! take care