Monday, January 5, 2009

Don't Judge me?!




So I don't know if I am the best mom ever...  I think that my children know that sometimes I give in and am a softy especially through the pregnancy when I was SO tired.  They learned to keep hassling me and be persistent to get what they want.  I am going to change that now that I have the long lost energy that I have so badly missed.  Thank heavens that the energy returned eventually.  So Navie was not so good the other night.  I mean really not so good and I have learned that the only thing she truly cares about is playing with her cousin Lauren after school.  Navie could care less if you take away her bike or I Pod or DS those things truly don't phase her in the slightest.  So if I want to get to her and teach her a lesson I ground her from Lauren.  Sorry Lauren but it is the  only way that Navie learns anything!  Therefore that was her punishment the other night that she could not play with Lauren after school the next day!  Trust me she was devastated especially when Lauren showed up to our house to play.  She asked me if there was anything that she could do to not be grounded she so terribly wanted to play.  I told her "no" that she would learn not to trow fits at night time.  Then she approached me with an offer I could not resist she said that if she pulled out her front tooth would she not be grounded.  It took me two seconds to reply "YES" she could not be grounded if she got rid of that tooth.  For all of you that didn't get the chance to see it just watch Nanny McPhee and you can she a perfect replica.  It was her last big front tooth and ever since she lost the first one that tooth migrated to the middle of her mouth.  It was horrible everyone and their dog attempted to let her pull it but she was defiant that it was going to stay until it fell out.  Let's just say that it was so ugly that even I agreed to pull it and I DON"T go near mouths ever!!!!  After our agreement she walked back to her Dad and he had that thing pulled in two seconds.  So she wiggled her way out of a grounding this time but she doesn't have anymore loose teeth so hopefully I will learn to stick to my guns from here on out!  Children are amazing and I must admit that I have some pretty smart kiddos on my hands!
P.S. For anyone that follows my blog you know that a while back Jag hid my credit cards and it took forever to find them.  Should I have learned my lesson...  I am  missing my Drivers License and I saw that boy with my wallet.  When will I ever learn?!

2 comments:

Caryn said...

Yeah no more Nappy MacPhee tooth!

I wanna see photos of your finger!

TD said...

Kids can think of a way to get what they want, but you also got something that you wanted.
Happy New Year