Friday, January 23, 2009

Reality...




I just realized the other day that I need to post stuff on here that my children will love to read and cherish later on.  I need to get better at posting the everyday wonders.  So to start tonight we had a rotisserie chicken that I grabbed the grocery store.  As I was uncovering it Navie and Blake were watching every little move.  Navie then turned to Blake and said "you know what this chicken is made of, pig."  I had to laugh!  Jag is an angel and has a great new talent of taking my hair elastics and slingshotting them into the chandeliers.  He loves it but only feels successful when it gets tied up and stuck there.  He thinks he is so good and waits for me to get a broom to knock it down.  Blake has become the little "mother" in the house and has really surprised me.  She makes all the beds in the morning and then picks up all the clothes.  She is great at folding laundry and putting it away.  I am in awe of how much this little 4 year can handle.  To be honest the only thing that worries me about her is that she is not so good at holding babies.  She likes to move them around and flop their heads back and forth and push on their legs.  I have to monitor her like a hawk when she holds Greer.  Bless her heart.  Greer is becoming just wonderful her thrush is all gone and she has settled down dramatically.  She loves to be held and always wants someone near her.  I admit she must be spoiled because if you put her down and walk away she is really good at starting to cry.  I love my children with all my heart and feel blessed everyday that I am around them.  I am always trying to improve and be the mother that I had.  I have great role models and and can only aspire to be like them.  Mom thanks for all your help this past week and for straightening out my game.  For a peek into Ryan, something that I love about him but that you really have to pay attention to notice is his whistling.  No matter what his mood is whenever he is walking somewhere or getting something or passing by he is whistling.  I don't even think that he realizes that he is doing it I'm sure by now it is purely habit.  Regardless of why he does it it brightens the mood around here.  To me there is something about hearing a thing as casual as whistling that makes you happy and think of children playing and innocence.  I love the little things about Ryan that most don't know.  He truly is one of the most sincere, thoughtful, intelligent people that I know.  I am blessed to have this family and I pray daily that I don't forget that.  I love my family and I want them to always remember that.

4 comments:

vk said...

And I am sure that if your kids could write they would tell you what a wonderful mother that you are! I will tell you that.....You have a darling family and I miss you all every minute of every day, and I also love to hear Ryan whistle! Keep writing things down. It helps me feel as if I am not missing out on everything.

Love,
Mom

Sandi said...

janae-

You are such a wonderful mom. Your kinds are very lucky to have you and will love to read all your wonderful recaps on life you are preserving for them!

xoxo Sandi

Anonymous said...

Are those really pictures of Rustin Randall?

I thought he was married?!?? I didn't know he was like that... like so in touch and comfortable with his feminine side. That's great I guess, if he's happy like that. I couldn't believe it was him until I clicked on all the pictures and looked at his face and facial expressions up close (WARNING: You might not want to look to close at the first picture because of what you will see under his armpits...B.O! it seriously gave me the hebegebees!!!!)

When I heard he happen to be practicing for his recital that's coming up on Valentines Day at the same exact time time as Tommy's party due to scheduling errors with the Polar Ice Den staff I felt bad but you can tell he didn't lose his focus at all, which is also evident by clicking on the pictures to see the close up shots of his focus and determination! The first performance he told someone he's doing is to the song "Footloose" and he was also practicing some figure skating performance while implementing a disco ball for that will hang from the ceiling that had really pretty colors that would shine off the ice while skating during his 2nd performance that same night to the theme song of the movie "Twilight" and "trying" to do twists and twirls and stuff (He better be careful, he's at least a half inch off the ground on one of his attempts)....but he looked more like a a fish out of water. I haven't seem him since he was a senior in high school and he was like 5' 4" and 113 pounds.... he's either really grown bigger or... oh, maybe he's just wearing those snow pants that you ski in that make your bum bum look really really really thick and his legs look like tree trunks? He actually looks a lot like that guy on that movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" but with sweat stains under his armpits, ewwww yucky! Someone should tell him to use deodorant (It looks like maybe something really strong would be needed but isn't he at an ice skating rink where it would be like super duper cold, I mean everyone looked so cold! Maybe he has that sweat gland problem. If anyone knows if he does i could google it and research how to fix that! I'll try and find out Rustin if you want to leave your email, I think for now you should put a double dose of "Degree", actually you'd probably prefer something like "Sure for women", they have a lot scents like "morning shower fresh",I'm sure they probably even have "Figure Skating Fresh" scent or something too).
Anyway, best of luck at your recital and it was great seeing you again (well kind of).

xoxo

Chet

(if you forgot who I am, I'm the Mormon on this season of The Real World MTV)

vk said...

Janae,

I think that you need to take "Macy" off of your list. I don't think it is your Macy. Her language is obscene!

Love,
Mom