Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reflecting

I sit here this evening sorrowed by yet some more sad news. Some friends of ours just lost their 28 year old sister in law to cancer and she leaves behind a husband with four very young children. It has been a whirlwind this past month to say the least. We have watched a close family struggle after losing their 6 month old son to a heart defect, a close family friend close to death after a severe heart attack, a father with brain cancer and an unknown future, a political un-justice brought against someone we cherish, families that have lost their homes, family members troubled by lifes' journey, many good people looking for jobs to try to help support families, divorces, a friend whos' son just had his eye removed due to cancer, a great woman and mother in our ward that starts her chemo very soon for breast cancer. I am shocked at how much seems to be taking place that can be classified as "unfair" or "why me" experiences. No doubt there are times in my life where I feel that I am being "punished" so to say, but as I look at all that is taking place around me lately I can't help but to say to myself "Why not me!" I feel so overwhelmingly blessed and fortunate. I can't express to my Heavenly Father enough how grateful I am to have been spared some challenges that I feel so many others are having to endure. It does not mean that I do not suffer with these souls that are suffering. I have done a lot of crying and a lot more praying. I have felt pain, sadness and despair with family and friends that are swallowed up in tragedy. I mourn with those that mourn and grieve along side others. I am fully aware that my time will come to be tested and tried to be thrown into the refiners fire. I feel that we are all given our individual challenges in order to try to perfect our beings. We must pass through the sorrow to see the blessings. I have not experienced much yet in my life but I can tell you that what I have been through has taught me one very monumental lesson. I am not alone! There have been times in my short life that I have truly felt surrounded by angels and the presence of a spiritual calmness. I try daily to see blessings through sadness and happiness through pain. I am not even near perfect but I feel that I am trying hard to be positive with lifes' challenges. A very special person once told me that only "You can make you happy!" I am praying for everyone that has been afflicted by sorrow and want you all to know that there are reasons for the pain some that we wont find out for a very long time but everything will eventually be answered. Love to all!

2 comments:

Chad and Laura said...

Nae so true and well put! Satan is in overdrive right now with the tradgedies going on he is desperate to create bitterness. You are awesome and I miss you.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for writing what you did. It is true that life throws waves that are unpredictable, unavoidable, accidental, or unfair. I have been the victim of at least 2 such disasters, but it has made me realize that in the end, nothing matters but our returning to our Heavenly Father. It really is as simple as that. And whatever our personal road is to get there, Christ will have walked it with us. So we need never feel alone. Thanks so much for sharing this message and my heart goes out to people in the middle of their storms.