Monday, August 27, 2007

The Day has Come!

I cant believe it after 29 years of life and 13 years of driving I finally got pulled over. No, it has never happened to me before and I was shocked. I am following my husband with our children to a lunch date with some friends in from out of town when low and behold an undercover cop pulls me over. Of course I was terrified and when he asked me if I knew why he was pulling me over everything went through my mind. I keep threatening my children that if they don't buckle when they get in the car that a police man is going to take them to jail. Needless to say that when Blake figured out who was behind us she quickly told me that she was buckled so who was that man coming to get. He was coming after my windows. Yes people police men take time in good old AZ to pull you over for your tint jobs. I thought this could happen, but considering that I have never heard of it before I never thought it would happen to me. He took out a machine checked my windows and gave me what he called a "fix-it" ticket. Get it fixed and the ticket goes away or don't fix it and pay the fine. At least this wasn't for something too serious! I do not want to get pulled over again it is a "Little" embarrassing for people to drive by and stare. I am one of those people. I have learned my lesson. I wonder if the police would understand if my excuse was that my children are so pale that we can't allow sunlight to come through the windows. Nice try! Love to all!

5 comments:

JJ said...

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I can only imagine what must have been going through your mind. That was very funny what Blakely said. I can just hear her saying it now. Love ya!

enginerd said...

Window tint? What a scam! Not a bad way to start your life of crime. Its all downhill from here. Did you cry? Thats the second best defense against tickets, the first being a military ID!

Caryn said...

That stinks! And thanks for the heads up, my front ones aren't {quite} legal. I would pee my pants if I got pulled over! You are lucky you didn't get ticketed for Jag's carseat and Navies lack of one my dear!!!

Courtney said...

Good luck gettin' out of that one you criminal! They should keep people like you off the road!!:)Don't worry... I'm sure it was your husband's decision to do something illegal like that to your car! haha!

Sadie Lou said...

oh my goodness i janae i can't beleive that you got pulled over! thats okay! but that is a good story. and i love how you told your kids that if they didn't buckle their seatbelt then they would be taken away by the police! and then the police come and blake says she has hers buckled. i just think that is so adorbable and cute! :)