Sunday, August 19, 2007

Inches Away...

I never thought it would happen to me but it finally did... Blakely cut her own hair! Friday I was cleaning the house after everyone went to bed and I noticed a chunk of hair on the floor. I knew right away it was Blakes due to the color. When she awoke the next morning I asked her point blank if she had cut her hair and she said yes. I checked out her new style and it wasn't that noticeable because she cut some hair that was hidden underneath. I gave her the lecture on not playing with scissors and never cutting hair and she seemed to catch on. A few hours later after I finished cleaning up I once again looked over to see a huge chunk of hair laying on the kitchen table. I went and found Blake hiding under her bed apparently aware that she had done something wrong. After sucking my stomach in as much as I could muster I squeezed just far enough under the bed to pull her out. She was bawling! Then once I got a look at her hair I thought about joining her. She took both sides of her hair and cut about 5-6 inches off. Creatively enough she left it long in the back so she was in definition sporting a wicked mullet. Needless to say we had to go to Lollilocks and even her hair up to a cute little bob! They made it such a fun experience there that I hope she is not planning on another self inflicted hair cut in order to go back. It actually turned out pretty cute, but Ryan is devastated that she lost so much hair. He loves long hair on his girls! I will post a picture as soon as I get them off my camera. Love to all!

5 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

oh my goodness that was such a suspencful story, seriously! i also love long hair. i bet it still looks cute. my neice (a couple) have all had that expeirment. they all have tried and some succeeded, to cut their hair. sometimes i wish i could just rent a child for a day, until i can have my own. oh and i love the name blakely and calling her blake:)

theluntfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caryn said...

Oh! that is SO not fun, what a little trouble maker! Too bad boys aren't immune from it, Braden has cut his own hair too. Luckily it will grow back fast! I can't wait to see the pictures!

enginerd said...

awesome. If my girls did that I'd let them go ahead and finish the job. Em would likely take a different approach.

The Farnsworth Family said...

So sad! I bet she looks beautiful anyway. Austin took the clippers (during Chase's hair cut) and put them right into the top of his head and shaved it right in the middle and said "mom look how much hair comes off when I do this". He got two shaves in before I could grab them from him. Needless to say he got a #1 buzz. Can't wait to see the pictures of Blakely.