Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Scary World

Navie returned home from school today with a memo from the school district that made me sick to my stomach. It stated that only a mile away from the school a man tried to abduct two 14 year old girls walking home from school yesterday. Luckily they were both smart and knew how to get away and to run for safety into a nearby business. So I am writing this so that all of you can have talks with your children about stranger danger no matter what their age is. I would be devastated to hear that anything happened to anyone I knew. This world is getting scarier everyday and we need to arm our children with knowledge so that they can stay young innocent and safe! Sorry for such a bummer of a message! I am glad that Navie is in a carpool and that we drop and pick her up everyday at least I can be reassured that I am watching her the best that I can! Love to all...

4 comments:

Caryn said...

See, and here I was thinking that it will be so nice that B's ele. school is clos enough he can walk there in a year, hmm.. maybe not so much! Thanks for the info tho!

Sadie Lou said...

things like that make me so scared! you never know when it could happen to you?

enginerd said...

We've been tempted to home school the kids for similar reasons. It's a scary world, thats for sure. We practice almost weekly at FHE what to do in such situations.

enginerd said...

ps Haley's got a pretty good shin-kick!