Saturday, October 11, 2008

Atta Girls!



I have been trying relentlessly to introduce chores to my girls. To be fair Blakely has always been good at helping. She follows me all day to see what she can do to be like me. If I am folding clothes she is folding clothes, when I am at the sink she wants to wash the dishes, when I clean mirrors she wants to wipe them down. Navie on the other hand is a different story. To even get her to pick up her own back pack and shoes is borderline impossible. The child does not want to lift one finger. In fact she is very good at getting Blakely to help her with almost anything that she is required to do. So this evening I thought that we would do a fun chore. Yes, there is such a thing. We went into the garage to clean and with a little soapy water and a hose it became a huge slip and slide. The girls loved it we got to scrub the floor and make all the "dark spots" disappear. Not only that but the girls were skating on their knees and having a great time. I think that I have definitely found something that the girls both love to help with. Plus the end effect was great. Their Dad was so excited that he treated us all to our favorite Bahama Bucks! The girls are now asking when we will get to do it again. Now my mind is racing how to make a slippery situation out of my tile floors...

2 comments:

TD said...

It is all about making it fun! I am sure the garage looked great.

vk said...

That's possible if the dishwasher floods. I've got ideas so just hold on.

Love,
Mom