Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So Genius!

This will be short there is not much to say...  Tonight while cooking my favorite, chicken and noodles, I managed to pour boiling broth onto my belly.  Yes, people it is so large and in the way that I burned it through two layers of clothing.  It instantly peeled the skin right off of the burnt area and my girls quick reaction of ice I think has saved me.  Needless to say it still hurts and is blistered but I think that the baby and I will survive.  I probably gave her her first ever sun burn with many more to come!

9 comments:

Lacey said...

oh ouch, I'm so sorry. I'm quite positive you look adorable with that "large" belly!

Emma Jo said...

Yikes! I hope that it heals fast, burns hurt the worst!! (not like a pregnant woman needs anything else that is uncomfortable to deal with!) and I am so happy to read that you are having a girl!! I was wondering about that whole gender thing :)

TD said...

I know that your belly is not that huge. I was only four months along with Paige when the doctor asked if twins ran in the family. I was a bit big.
Hope you heal soon!

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Honey!! Hope it's all better. Here's a kiss for both you and that sweet little girl.

Maybe cooking just isn't your thing, but you have taught your girls to run for ice!! That's a good thing!!:-)) How about "drop and roll" for the next lesson!:-))

Love from KC!!

Leigh said...

Dang! I guess you'll just have to send Ryan for tak-out these next few months!

meg said...

I totally did the exact same thing while I was pregnant with Jameson!! It hurt like heck and like I wasn't already uncomfortable. I feel your pain, I mean, I felt your pain. But either way - poor you!!

&D designs said...

How sad, but you are adorable prego

aubri said...

I hope she doesn't hold a grudge. :) Good thing it wasn't your boobs!

vk said...

I'm coming and leave the cooking to me, please!

Love,
Mom