Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Preschool Graduation





Today was Blakelys graduation from preschool and boy was it ever an adventure.  She was so spooked before we even got there that I knew it was not going to be good.  I tried to be positive and encouraging to her (I even bribed her with a trip to Peter Piper) if she would do well and sit on stage with her fellow classmates.  She was crying before we got out of the car.  She bawled when I tried to leave her with the teacher, but I thought she would calm down if I just walked away.  As the whole class started their walk on stage Ryan had the camera rolling and we waited and waited and waited... Finally the last student took their seat and there was... NO Blakely.  I went to see what was wrong and there she was standing in the curtains sucking on her hand.  I told her that I would sit with her if she would just go out there and join the class.  So I spent the remainder of graduation sitting in a toddler seat on stage between two little boys (who by the way I apologize to their parents it was probably hard to get a snap shot of their children sitting next to Goliath in the baby seat) with Blakely on my lap.  Needless to say I have friends that were quite entertained by the whole scene.  No pictures sorry! Eventually we got a picture of Blake with Miss Christie.  Ryan and I are very proud of our little girl, it seems as though all of our children are shy in preschool.  I am in awe of how fast time flies by we have two girls that will be in all day school starting in August. I need to slow my family down and try to breathe and cherish every moment.  We love you Blakely and am so proud of all the hard work you have put into school this year. You will be fantastic next year and will love Kindergarten!  You are such a sweet angel Bakers!!!

1 comment:

vk said...

Bakers, Bakers, Bakers, you remind me of another little girl I used to know. Ask your Mommy who! I will help in Kindergarten.....

Love,
Nonna