Sunday, October 25, 2009

A night under the STARS!






Ryan recently told the girls how he used to sleep outside as a kid on his trampoline. Of course after the story was told the kids wanted nothing more than to do the same. Now Mommy said "No WAY!" There is a definite reason that I was born when the luxuries of beds and feather pillows were around. I do enjoy camping if it involves fishing, or the best when it involves a cabin. I just don't think I was up to the camp out that evening. It has been getting chilly at nights around here so with the girls (including Hailey and Lauren) all bundled up and Jag and Ryan armed with their flashlights we set up the tramp. I got out every heavy blanket and also soaked the kids in some bug spray for precautionary reasons. The children were so excited they could not stop talking about their special camp out. Ryan scoring some major points pulled the car around back and hooked up the TV DVD player and they watched a movie and ate snacks as well. Around 1 am I woke up to my little girls climbing in bed with me and Jag had somehow already come inside and was already asleep in my bed. I guess waking up outside wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Props to Hailey Lauren and Dad that pulled it together and stayed outside all evening long. Overall it was a great memory and I am so happy that the children are getting to create memories with us. Although I am not planning another night time sleep out, the laundry lasted me for days!!!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

These are the moments childhood is made of. Props to you all.

Love, Nonna