Thursday, October 18, 2007

Innocent Prayers...

I am sure that you all get a kick out of listening to your little children give prayers at night but last night for us was especially entertaining... Navie offered to give the prayer and it went something like this;

Please help that we don't bite, pinch, kick, hit, punch, scratch, yell, cry, throw fits, scream, pout, be mean, ignore, be bad, sit in time out, or tease. Please help that mom will get more sleep. Help that Dad will feel better. Please tell Jesus thank you for everything he gave me because I love it all. Help Santa to know that I am being good. Help Blake to not pee her pull up tonight so she can get a prize. Help that we don't have dreams about spiders. Help that we don't go into mom and dads room tonight. I am trying to be like Jesus I'm following in his ways. Amen.

Needless to say she got a big AMEN from me. It is such a blessing to have innocent (or somewhat) children in the house. They say the darnedest things. This is one of my favorite things to do is ask for a prayer I love to hear what they come up with. Ryan has also done a great job at teaching Navie about prayer. She prays about everything! If something is lost she wants to say a prayer so that Jesus will find it for her. Whenever I lose something she reminds me that I need to pray about it. Thanks little angels for always reminding me about what is truly important in life! Love to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is about the cutest thing ever! I love the part about you getting more sleep!!!

zippity-do-da said...

You need to cross stitch that- except that it would take a very long time. It's great that you wrote it down- I laugh at what they say and then forget. Kudos to you and your darling little
pray-ers.

Sadie Lou said...

oh my goodness i just love kids! they do and say the funniest things! that prayer is so funny! my favorite part is to tell jesus thankyou for all he has given me i love it!