Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tio and Poppa PLAY BALL!








Tio and Poppa came into town for an extended weekend to play in a baseball tournament that was father and son. What a great privilege I had to be here and that it was located in good old AZ! I was so excited to watch them play the new game of Fast pitch Baseball. More than that though I was thrilled to see how my father would hold up. After a lot (and I mean A LOT) of grief from Ryan for being old, decrepit, worn-out, ancient, accident prone, you name it he got it my father stepped up to the plate. I must say I was very proud of him he did a super job. He played first base and made more than a couple double plays. His catch was rather interesting as his body collapsed around the ball and ended up cushioning it with two arms a stomach and mitt (somewhere) however he DID make the catch so no complaining here! Jacqui and I were nervous for him for probably the firs time ever. Jonathan was wonderful as expected he will always be good at playing ball I think it just comes so naturally to him. Unfortunately they won one and lost three so they barely missed making the playoffs that were on Saturday. So needless to say I got some help around the house this weekend. I loved this weekend and was so happy that Dad and Jon got to come and visit even though it wasn't for that long. I forgot to tell you that the best part of the whole baseball thing definitely was watching them stretch the day of the first game. I thought my father was going to break something then. To let you all know we did end this weekend serious injury free however my Father went home with his wrist in a sling due to the very first play of the very first game in which he rolled over his wrist trying to make one of his stellar catches... Love to all!

4 comments:

vk said...

How wonderful that you were there to support your men! Remember all of the hours, months, years etc. we girls have spent warming the benches, but oh what memories. Thanks for taking the pictures and sharing. I am amazed that Jag was that still for his first haircut. He is growing up and who does he look like? Can't wait until Christmas.

Love,
Mom

zippity-do-da said...

I love baseball! or maybe just baseball pants... anywho- way to go Uncle Richard! You sure showed them! Proud of you too, Jon. Though I want to see if you do as well in a few decades. Miss you.

Sadie Lou said...

aaww that sounds so fun! i would have loved to have been there! i bet there were lots of laughs:)

erika said...

hey ryan and janae!
glad to see you guys have a blog - i got your blog link from ammon and brooke's blog....
it's fun to see your cute family! you guys look great.
-erika (wallin) fellars
my blog is erika-america.blogspot.com if you want to check it out