Thursday, October 18, 2007

Martha Stewart here I come...




Lately the girls and I have been wanting to do some crafts so the other day we attempted to do just that. They got some picture frames and some paint and went to work. They love to paint and had a great time doing so. I had a super time cleaning up afterwards as well. Blakely decided to paint the counter and chairs to match her pink polka dot frame. Good thing it was just craft paint and wasn't that hard to remove. They have put their frames up in their rooms and are waiting to fill them with pictures of their friends. I am really trying to do some activities with the girls instead of watching cartoons all the time. They love Spongebob and hopefully I will hang in there with this new goal.
Lastly I would like to thank Caryn for her help with my achievement day activity. She came over and displayed her wonderful talents and taught the girls how to glitter pumpkins. The girls had a great time and loved her (no wonder she is in Young Women's) she worked wonderfully with them. Thanks again! Love to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good job capturing the moment! I really do love those glitter punkins! Thanks for letting me help! I love the frames they have good cheap crafts at Joanns too, braden and I have a bag we try to work on...

Deanne said...

Hey Janae it's Dee, I found your blog through my sis. I love all the pics, wow you are a great mom, I rarely get out paint or markers or anything of that nature. With Tallen you really have to watch out!! I must be impaitent. I loved Navie's prayer, especially the part about Santa, my kids better start adding that in because the way things are going santa might just have to bring one present!! Maybe i'll have her say prayers over here so my kids can hear the list of things that she hopes not to do. They seem to happen over here on a reglar basis!!

Sadie Lou said...

aaww that sounds so fun! and the polka dot frame sounds adorable! and those pumpkins are so cute! that is a great idea:)jag is so cute :D

JJ said...

Congratulations Martha! The glitter pumpkins are gorgeous and I love the girls' prayers. I can't wait to see them.