Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Sugar!



I consider myself very blessed due to the fact that I got to be around many of my relatives throughout the majority of my life.  In fact I was raised very close to my great-grandmother (Granny) all through my childhood.  Tonight she passed away in the hospital with an advanced case of pneumonia.  She only had one lung because as a young girl she got tuberculosis and they removed one of her lungs.  She was a spit fire a true red head that held her own.  Some of my best memories are listening to her childhood stories.  We used to all interview her for school papers because we found her life so intriguing.  It is always sad to watch someone you love get older and start suffering from the normal diseases that come with age.  I can honestly say though that I get more sad for those left behind.  We all know Granny is in a way better place and that she will be happier with her husband on the other side.  Grief is still tough though.  So on behalf of a great woman and a wonderful role model I say that she will be sorely missed but always loved.  So Granny here's some sugar for you.  I love you dearly!

5 comments:

Caryn said...

Oh! Nae, I am so sad for you! When you see Nonna give her a squeeze for me too! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Jenny said...

Janae, I so sad for you. I am so glad that you have your family and your memories around you. She IS a great lady.

TD said...

It is great to have been so close to so many family members. I know that your family will miss her.

Nic said...

You are very lucky to have her as long as you did. I wish I would have known her. I remember I met her once at your house when I was like seven. Love you

Emma Jo said...

I'm so sorry to hear that but what a blessing to have known her so well for so long...I hope that my children have the privelage of being so close to their "elders".
I have been catching up on your posts, what a fun lady you are. I wish that we lived closer and I could be your stalker friend and hang out with you...all in the name of family would be my excuse. You guys are beautiful!!