Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Navies Water Day!








On the last day of school for Navie they had a huge water day.  For all of you that think that I cannot get up in the morning I would like you to know that I volunteered at it and it started at 7:45!  I am not going to lie it nearly killed me and I am sure that I have not seen a seven a.m. hour for many years (minus sick kids) and I didn't like it!  Ironically enough the water day turned out to be the coldest rainiest day that Arizona has seen almost all year long.  It was wet and rainy and needless to say the kids chose to participate in the activities that didn't involve water.  However the weather could not keep them away from snow cones or otter pops.  Towards the very end all Navie wanted to do was get her face painted.   There was a long table with volunteer parents doing the painting and after waiting for nearly forty minutes with no end in site I decided to sit down and paint the kids faces myself.  I sometimes think that I have my mothers art skills and that I can do these little tasks without effort.  After lightening bolts on the boys and hearts on the girls I look up to see that a line of ten kids has formed in front of me and they are all waiting patiently for their turn at face painting.  I had one boy ask for a dinosaur (it turned out looking like a lizard) another girl wanted "ROCK STAR" across her forehead and half of it ended up in her bangs.  A third child wanted a snack winding up her forearm hissing, this looked like a big green "S" with a red tongue.  Most parents were laughing when their kids returned to show them and thank goodness the children themselves couldn't see or I feel I would have owed many re-dos!  Hey that's what you get I warned everyone up front but they still wanted me to try.  Anyway it was a great end to a super school year and Navie will definitely miss Ms. Occimmio!  

1 comment:

TD said...

Sounds like you had fun with Navy! I see a 7:00 hour everyday. I have to threaten my kids that if they get up before seven that they will go to be earlier the next evening. My children have been know to be up by 6:15. In fact, I slept in today till 7:50 and had two kids standing over me waiting for me to open my eyes. I envy you that you do not see 7:00 more often.