Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Goin' on a Bear Hunt...







For all of you that thought he wouldn't survive... My baby is home and he is healthy. A tad bit skinnier and oh so hairier but absolutely loved his adventure in the woods. After listening to all the stories and the falls and the close encounters I am glad that I tried not to think about it so much or I would have gone crazy. Ryan is covered in bruises and I don't think he wants to see rain or snow anytime in the near future. He was such a trooper though, especially with his knee he pushed through and is paying the price now. I am so glad that he is home and safe where he belongs. We all prayed for him and the girls said the funniest things in their prayers about wanting daddy to bring them home bear claws. I don't know if they understood what it would take in order to get a claw but they though it would be pretty neat to see one. Bottom line we are happy that he is home and we think the "manly" trips need to be done for a while so that we don't have to sit and worry! Love you Ryan and I am so glad you got to have some bonding time with the boys!

5 comments:

hornes said...

What a manly man Ryan is! There is something really sexy about a mountian man but I am right there with you Janae! I would worry so much! Look what I have to look forward to having my 4 boys & husband! I'm glad your home Ryan!

Anonymous said...

But---did he find a bear??

Courtney said...

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! That made my day! I am laughing so hard right now at that pic of my hubby...classic!
Warning: Brett is threatening payback!

Anonymous said...

where is the bear?

Green Montana said...

FWIW: I was the outfitter/guide on this dangerous adventure. I can confirm that Ryan did indeed see multiple bears. As hunting often goes no shots were fired. However, that does not negate the fact that Ryan and Brett hiked their A's off, wet from head to toe from the pouring rain. They represented the great state of AZ well and will be invited back to the MT backwoods for another expedition in the future.