Sunday, January 27, 2008

In Loving Memory


[HINCKLEY_medium.jpg]
I am sure you have all heard by now that our beloved prophet passed away this evening in Salt Lake City.  He will be greatly missed and fondly remembered.  I think the thing about President Hinckley that I will remember the most is how funny he was!  Some of the best talks and pictures of him have amazing personality and humor that shines through.  As I was explaining to the children this evening what had taken place and tried to explain the reunion that is taking place Navie said to me "Mom why did he have to die?"  The first thing that came to my mind was because of how many people were waiting to see him again on the other side.  I told her that his wife had been wanting to see him for a while now and we were going to be able to see him again someday as well.  We all loved him and will miss him.  What a blessing we all got to listen to such a great man!  Love to all...

2 comments:

Caryn said...

Ok, your tribute was way better than mine... Lucky for me Braden was in bed when we heard, so I won't have to have the talk till tomorrow! We wanna play this week too, so call me.

vk said...

Janae,

What a wonderful mother you are and such a thoughtful person to put a tribute to the prophet on your webpage. Navie talked to me today about President Hinckley....Keep up the wonderful teaching.

Love,
Mom