Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Found Respect!

So for Christmas one of my gifts (also probably one of the favorite) was a brand new bike and a bike trailer.  I got a really cool pink beach cruiser that is also very "female" friendly. Otherwise known as a big old "birthed three kids (and more to come)" seat.  Although I have some excess that likes to flop over the side, that's okay though because I have become attached to my muffin and am rather fond of the extra padding.  Anyway back to the point of the story I have really thought a lot about my dad lately after receiving this buggy for the kids.  My father used to pull all of us in a bright red and black plastic buggy with ginormous wheels.  He was so good at this and it was always the highlight of our bike rides.  We used to argue about who got the privilege to ride in the buggy.  I won a LOT of the times!  It was a great time.  Anywho I have been pulling little Jag and not so little Blakely everyday on our bike rides and I am DYING!  Seriously I know that I am severely out of shape and need some exercise but my thighs are a burning....  I mean I sometimes contemplate whether or not to walk the bike it's that bad!  Mind you I live in good old AZ where there are no hills or mountains but I think that I must live on Everest (at least it feels that way on the way up.)  So thank you good old Dad for pulling us much bigger children behind your bike because I do remember the hills on that bike trail and they were HUGE!  So here's to getting more exercise and hoping that someday my thighs won't burn as severely and the shin splits will ease up!  Love to all...

5 comments:

JJ said...

I have to tell you that I am now laughing hysterically and re-living some very memorable bike rides. Remember how we used to mentally prepare for that one big hill that ran parallel to the freeway? If you didn't get up enough momentum, you were walking your bike up that one.

I want a bicycle and buggy, too. It's been on my "want" list for almost two years now. Maybe one of these days. Of course, I live on a mountain...could pose a small problem.

Love you!

Sadie Lou said...

oh my gosh my dad did that too! oh and i have a little mini muffin top too! :D a couple summers ago me and my mom rode out bikes around our neighborhood for many mornings of the summer! so i know how you feel! and we did a couple of miles a day! :) i love your new page! it is sooo cute and sophisticated!!! :)

Richard F. Jardine said...

Thanks for the wonderful memory. Those were great times and I wish that I were still pulling you around. Keep it up and I promise that the pain will subside. By the way, isn't the man of the house supposed to be pulling the bugger???

Caryn said...

Come ride to our house anytime, and we will join in the pain.

Oh, and try adding Braden's Bike to the mix and that was the worst buggie pulling ride, EVER!

PS, thanks for bringing up a long tucked away childhood memory when my Mom as pulling me & the buggie got stuck in a man hole cover with me inside...good time... thanks for making me remember.

Lacey said...

Hey stranger, how's it going? I love your blog. I just talked to your mom and she gave me her blog. You are just cuter than ever and your kids are adorable. We just moved to Denver a couple weeks ago so we are just trying to get settled in. Here is my blog if you'd like to see it.
www.joshbatesfam.blogspot.com