Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Such tender MERCIES!


Oh what a day today has been.  I finally got Jag into the doctors office and they agreed that it is definitely time for tubes.  So after we clear up his 7th ear infection in 9 months we will be getting those done.  To top that off I forgot to let everyone know that yesterday I once again got pulled over for tint!  I cannot believe that police officers are out there looking for tint abusers.  Needless to say I am OVER IT!  We have already been in discussions about a new car so that is the road we are going to take.  I had my children in the car when it happened and the nice police officer (after checking that they were properly buckled (no kidding)) gave them all a police badge sticker.  Thank the heavens above that Blakely had decided that she was going to stay buckled that day and so Mommy didn't go to jail.  After I praised the children for being buckled and told them that had they not been mommy would have gone to jail Navie responded in the following way.... "Mom, it would be okay if you went to jail because I would have the policeman take me to Grandmas house then she could take me home, because she knows where I live.  Then don't worry because I would come and visit you everyday and hopefully they would let you out before you die!"  So my five year old thinks jail is okay and that visitation is ample time together.  Oh, Boy do I have some teaching to do or I have already screwed up big time!  Who knows?  Anyway to finish the day off my children got out a very pleasant toy that they received for Christmas for my lovely sister in law.  Granted her daughter is way more responsible with them then my children are so she didn't know better.  My children "Squeeze-Painted" the entire counter parts of their clothing then finished it off by making them finger paints.  So my night ended with me scrubbing floors and counters clothing and children.  What sweet spirits they are they send me tender tender MERCIES on a daily basis.  Of course I don't know if I am looking at that in the proper way that President Bednar did.  My trash can is larger tonight after the new addition of the squeeze paints.  Sorry girls I just couldn't clean those up anymore...  Love to all!

3 comments:

Nic said...

Great Blog Janae! I would love to spend a day with your kids. They are so cute!! Hope you had a great new year. Love ya

vk said...

Nae Nae,

I would say that you need to live by your mother to take a little of the stress off! Miss you already, but don't want to clean up that mess.

Love,
Mom

Sadie Lou said...

your new blog page is sooo cute! i love it! your kids are adorable! i love the funny things that they say! :)