Thursday, March 13, 2008

Longest Blog Ever!







So it seems as though a lot has happened in the last few days and I just forgot to jot them all down so now I will be playing catch up.  It started with fixing Jags vampire fangs.  Ryan took him into a friend of his and they bonded them while he sat there in Ryan's lap.  I cannot express enough how extremely chill Jag is he literally sat there and let Ryan just hold him while they worked on his teeth.  They turned out really great and look just like nothing ever happened in the first place.  Next I threw Jacqui a bridal shower at my house on Wednesday evening.  We sent out over 80 invitations (I know I don't know that many people either) and they say to plan on half showing and that is exactly what I did.  We lucked out because we did end up having around 40 show and therefore had enough food and yummies.  Thanks to Mindy for helping me and bringing the best part ever.  The CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!  I received many stares and had many comments thrown my way but if I want to fill a cup and drink it straight full of chocolate I can!  I told them all it was my house and that means I was in charge.  No joke best chocolate ever!  Not lying when I say that I drank the chocolate as well, ask anyone present they will let you know.  She received many "girly" gifts or should I say "Dave" gifts and the attention drawn to her was hilarious.  She hates for people to stare at her or concentrate on her but she was definitely the focus especially opening those gifts.  I thought it was all worth it to see her face and how flustered she was (there is a little devil in me) her spotlight is just beginning...  Then to top the whole week off I have been worried about Jag because he came down with everything that has been going around.  The whole bronchial thing hit him hard.  We have been talking about going somewhere for Spring Break so I was worried not having him checked out before we left.  I took him in thinking that they were going to tell me that he just needs a humidifier running in his room and some sort of decongestant.  I was VERY wrong.  Turns out the poor boy has pneumonia and it was so bad that she didn't let me leave the office until we gave him a treatment right then and there.  Well, during the treatment I look over at my three year old Blakely and notice something nasty coming out of her eye.  I thought there was no way that was what I though it was but after a quick consult with the doctor turns out Blakely had pink eye.   No joke it showed up as we were at the Doctors office.  I guess someone was looking out for me considering that I didn't want to make a return trip the next day.  After all Jag has a follow up in 48 hours and if he shows no improvement there might be some inpatient treatment ahead of us.  So after dropping off all me prescriptions and taking my children to watch their Dad play some softball we came home and tried to get ready for bed.  We had to do dinner time, bath time, breathing treatments, eye drops, antibiotics (Jag), and inhalers all before I could call it quits.  I am  not trying to complain because I am fully aware that there are folks out there that have things ten times worse, I just am not used to all the prescriptions sitting on my counter.  To top it off I still want more children! Am I thinking straight or should I have my medications re-evaluated. Well that is hopefully all I can think of that has happened lately hopefully my next entries will be less eventful!  Love to all...

5 comments:

JJ said...

My poor little nieces and nephews. I sure wish I could be there to give them loves. Give them a hug for me.

TD said...

Nice that you did not have to make a return visit for the pink eye. Hope you can still go on a vacation and that all the kids get well soon.

meg said...

You are a great mom, Janae. You take very good care of your kids and I know that they know you love them.

Caryn said...

We need a spa day!

vk said...

Wish I was there to help and to be a part of the festivities. You are a wonderful sister and Jacqui is going to miss you terribly. Hope I can fill you shoes just a little bit. Kiss my kids for me and then come to Denver!!!!

Love,
Mom