Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008









We had a wonderful Easter this year!  Luckily the kids understood that the "Easter Bunny" knew how tired we were from driving home all night that she made her visit the following evening.  They were still very excited the following morning to find some Wii accessories along with the usual candy and stickers etc.   Easter Sunday was still beautiful and wonderful.  Since we didn't have anyone take our pictures you can see the one with Ryan and the kids and then me.  The party that evening was at Grandma and Grandpa Burkinshaws home.  We had an amazing dinner followed by a highly anticipated egg hunt.  A little bit of drama involved (there was money in some eggs, not all) but things were resolved into happy endings.  The kids learned how to put their money into one pile and divide it all out evenly.  The children had a great time and so did I,  as you can tell for some reason I am the only adult in the egg hunt pictures.  Oh well I did have the biggest basket...

11 comments:

Caryn said...

Naughty Janae, stealing all the eggs from the little kids. Shame on you! Teasing! The girls dresses were so cute, and your hair looks super good in the photo of you w/ all three kids!

TD said...

You guys all look great! Looks like the kids had a lot of fun. My mother used to put money ammounts on the real eggs. Bryan and I made sure that we gave Nikki the eggs with the smallest ammounts. What can I say she was only five when I left home.

Nic said...

Tracie how rude!! Good thing I can't remember. Janae I just love looking at your pictures. You and your family are just amazing. I love the basket. Love ya

vk said...

Ah, the secrets that come out on the blogs! Janae, that was a pretty big basket! Did none of the kids notice? Well, someone took care of it anyway.....You all look wonderful in your pictures. Tell Ryan I like his tan and his goatee. I am coming, can't wait to see you. Oh, I don't have a tan, surprise!

Love,.
Mom

Shawni said...

I love it. Easter's the best. It sounds like you had an awesome spring break too. Let's go on a bike ride next week.

meg said...

Your kids are adorable and they look like they are having a great time. And you are adorable too!

Sadie Lou said...

your girls are beautiful! and i love their dresses they are adorable! and i love jags outfit too!! and hey if i know that there was money in some of the eggs i would hunt too!! :)

Chad and Laura said...

Janae- you look so good in these pics. The one with you and just your kids is so cute! And by the way Im not feeling the love with your earlier post about New Port. I think the last time I went there was with you guys when I was about 14:) Im glad you had fun just a bit jealous though. Love you girl! quit having all the fun without us! CALL ME

Emma Jo said...

So fun, I wanna hand out with all you beautiful people in the beautiful weather!! and money in the eggs? I'm all over that!

hornes said...

I love my Burkinshaw's! I really dont know what I would do without you guys!

Lacey said...

Hey gorgeous! You look beautiful as ever. I know your mom is probably extremely busy right now, I've been trying to reach her to get your phone number. I wanted to ask you a question about your schedule while you are out here for the wedding. I'm trying to update my portfolio and would love to use your family if that would be ok. But again I don't know what it's going to be like for you all during that time, busy I'm sure so if it doesn't work, don't worry about it.