Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!


To the very special men in my life I want to wish a very wonderful Happy Fathers Day to them!  I feel that I had the best father ever.  I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way but it is hard to explain just how wonderful my father truly is.  He is a caring thoughtful hard working tender hearted grateful man.  He is the best confidant and you can always trust him.  The older I get the more grateful I am for my dad.  I learn from him on a daily basis and I want to be more like him.  He is a strong leader in the church and so many look up to him.  I am also grateful for my Papaw and how wonderful he is.  I feel so blessed that I was able to be raised by them and to see him on almost a daily basis.  These blessings are hard to realize until you have lost them.  The fact that I don't get to see him nearly as much as I would like to makes me grateful for my youth and all my memories.  I also am grateful for my Grandpa J and all that he taught me before he passed.  I know that he is a strong leader and a great "father" even on the other side.  Finally my "Father" in law Gail.  He has been so good to me and my family and so willing to always come and help.  I fear sometimes that we call on him far too much and that he is going to tire of us.  However I have learned that he never fails to follow through and he always wants to be there.  
Now to the "father" of my children Ryan.  I am so grateful for you and the fact that you have made it so important to be a good father to our kids.  I think that the children have been extremely blessed.  They will understand how truly lucky they are the older they get.  You always go out of your way to talk to the children and reason with them, to take them on "daddy dates" and to spend quality time with each of them.  You are lovable and entertaining and the children love "their Daddy!"  Thanks for all you do for our family!
I am so grateful for all you "fathers" and for the examples that you all have been to not only me but my children.  I love you all dearly and miss you all that I don't get to see.  I can honestly say that I have not had one poor male role model in my life and that is something of an accomplishment in and of itself.  That is a rare occasion now a days! Loves and kisses and many wonderful wishes sent to you all on this holiday!!!   XOXO

No comments: